By Nurul Syuhadah Mohamad Ali
Photos by Noor Awang azreen
Serdang, Feb 12 – Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) had organized 'UPM-Industry Networking Night - Nurturing Partnership in Urban Agriculture’ event in appreciating the contributions made by the industry and the community here.
Apart from honoring those respective parties, the awards ceremony and dinner was also held to strengthen the existing partnership between both sides in ensuring its continuity towards UPM excellence.
UPM Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dato' Dr. Mohd Fauzi Ramlan, said the event was dedicated to both industry and community whose contributions made to spur the development of the country.
"The selection of the award recipients, evaluates progress and excellence of the industry, while the Responsibility Center (PTJ) Outstanding Award, assesses on aspects of provision for employees facility and activity to promote harmony in PTJ", he said.
Four categories of awards were given as follows:
i . Industry High Impact Award - CES Co. Ltd.; Huawei Technologies Sdn. Bhd; and HP (M) Sdn. Bhd.
ii. Community Network High Impact Award - Batu Talam Community, Pahang; Pasir Gudang Parliamentary Community, Johor; and Mukim Sungai Galah Community, Perak.
iii. Outstanding PTJ in Industrial Network and High Impact Community Award - Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Education.
iv. Outstanding Staff in Industrial Network/High Impact Community Award:
- Prof. Dr. Mohd Ali Hassan, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences.
- Dr . Salmi Baharom , Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology .
- Roszini Mohamad Nor, Administrative Officer, Sports Academy.
- Farihah Liyana Khalid, Science Officer, Halal Products Research Institute.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Yahya Awang, Faculty of Agriculture.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khairuddin Idris, Faculty of Educational Studies.
- Mohd. Ghazali Mohd. Satar, Agricultural Officer, Faculty of Agriculture.
- Zaidi Tajuddin, Agricultural Officer, University Community Transformation Centre.
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan